Friday, January 13, 2012

Teacher Time/Small Groups

While all the students are moving about the room working hard during Daily 5; I will call them to our small group table to teach our skills. I have four teams leveled by ability and they are Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue. I am blessed to have another certified teacher who comes in every day from 8:00 - 8:40. She works with my Red group the whole time Daily 5 is going on.

I teach the same lesson twice on Monday and Tuesday, then a different lesson on Wednesday and Thursday. My schedule is Monday and Thursday is Yellow and Tuesday and Wednesday is Green and Blue. Sometimes I switch it up depending on how fast a group gets through the lesson.



The supplies I have for small groups are pencils, colored pencils, dry erase markers, and dry erase boards. I also have a note pad I got for $1 at target that has Mon-Sun listed. I use this pad to write down who I met with and which students struggled and which students mastered the skill.



Small Group Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment