Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Daily 5 in Action!!

Now that I have introduced the three components of  Math by Myself, Partner Math, and Math Work, I am ready for Small Groups. I  love small groups because this is the time that I can have interaction with a small number of students and I am able to pin point where my students are struggling and when they are excelling. 

I meet with my five group each twice a week and I teach two different lesson each week in my small group.


In the picture you see the tools I use during small group. I have a dry erase board, markers, ABC cards, build a hamburger cards, crayons, pencils, colored pencils, highlighters, and clear communication boards. 

The paper you see is my list of what group comes to me on what day. This really helps me keep up with who should be at my table.


Here is an example of what I am doing this week in small group. The yellow cards have numbers 10-99 written on them. The students work independently and draw out two cards. Then with their wikki sticks they make the greater than or less than symbol to compare the two numbers. 



______________________________________________________________________



On each of my tables in my classroom I have a colored caddie with several things that my students may need during the day. I have note cards, highlighters, pencils, pencil sharpeners, crayons, scissors, and glue. Also beside the caddie is a bucket where I will supply the math manipulatives for the day's lesson. Shown below is base ten blocks and connecting cubes. 




Also shown is my Daily 5 flag. This flag tells the students where they go for the three rounds of  Daily 5. The flags move daily and are clipped on with a clothes pin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment