Thursday, January 12, 2012

Word Work

Word Work is where the book and I differ quite a bit. The Daily 5 book wants the students to use play dough, wikki sticks, and sand to write their spelling words and vocabulary words. I think those ideas are wonderful but for me who needs some control and consistency (my students need it too) I like to do things like that once a week. The rest of the week is playing games, vocabulary, grammar, and spelling worksheets. These are interactive worksheets that they do with their partner.

Monday: Spelling
Tuesday: Vocabulary/Reading skill
Wednesday: Grammar skill
Thursday: Reading skill or Grammar skill
Friday: Fun day games: Boggle, BAM, Bingo, or wikki sticks


The picture shows two signs one just lets us know that this is the Word Work tray and the other tells the students what their assignment is for the day. With the sign laminated I can use a dry erase marker to change from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment